Monday, November 14, 2011

Trees On Tundra's Border Are Growing Faster in a Hotter Climate

Did you ever hear about Tundra? or even the word Tundra? Well incase you havent you should know that Tundra is a biome where the tree growth is hindered by low temperatures and short growing seasons.Anyway did you know that Evergreen trees at the edge of Alaska's tundra are growing faster, suggesting that at least some forests may be adapting to a rapidly warming climate, says a new study.

I fins this interesting because I just learned what the Tundra is, and in the same time I learned that the trees on Tundra are growing faster in a warmer climate then usual.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting article Kiki! I really like it and I never heard of trees that grow faster in a hotter climate. Very good!

    ReplyDelete